Wednesday, October 10, 2012














SPECIAL BODIES?!
SUPER POWERS?!
HEAVEN & ETERNITY #3

“Behold I show you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall be changed.  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump… For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality…”

Oh how I love the KJV rendition of 1 Cor 15:51-53 above!  It is exciting to think about the resurrected bodies that we will have! 

What will this body be like?  I think we could be quite sure that incorruptibility and immortality would likely mean that we will not age… we will not fall sick… we will not degenerate…  What can this body do?  Well, Jesus in His resurrected body was able to walk through shut doors (John 20:19), and vanish just like that (Luke 24:31)… assuming our resurrected bodies would be patterned after Jesus’.

But there are more questions… If I die at 78, will I look 78 for the rest of Eternity?  What about a 17 year old?  Will this guy or girl continue to grow in Heaven, or remain 17 forever?  And, what about people with physical defects…?

Well, well, well… I am not sure at all…  Paul did say that it will be a MYSTERY!!!


IMPORTANT NOTES:

I started thinking quite a lot about heaven a few years ago.  I read some books and listened to some messages.  There are really not too much materials on this subject.  And because of this, perhaps many Christians may have got seriously wrong ideas about Heaven.  I think Churches should be preaching and teaching more about Heaven.

This HEAVEN & ETERNITY Series is not meant to be a theological discourse.  My hope is to provoke us to be a little bit more heavenly minded.  Indeed there are many uncertainties and controversies… which should not lead to dismay but rather excitement.  It’s like the excitement of anticipating a vacation to an exotic country we have never been before.

Please note that the photographs used in series are mostly not mine.  Some are downloaded from the internet, while others are from my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment