Thursday, October 11, 2012













EVERYBODY…
EAT! CHIAK!! MAKAN!!!
HEAVEN & ETERNITY #4

Hahaha… will INCORRUPTIBLE and IMMORTAL Bodies need food and drink?  Going by the Chinese saying: 吃為天… food is actually a heavenly enjoyment right now right here on earth; and I (together with many others, I am quite certain) will surely and sorely miss eating, if we cannot jalan jalan cari makan in Heaven!

So, will we eat and drink or not?!  I think we will… and my conviction at the moment is that I am quite sure we will.  At the last supper, Jesus implied that He will only drink the fruit of the vine again when the Kingdom finally comes (Luke 22:18)…  The resurrected Christ ate fish (Luke 24:42-43)…  The Marriage Supper of the Lamb (Rev 19:9) is the imagery of a grand wedding feast (I would like to know the menu, haha!) when Christ receives His Bride…  The New Jerusalem will have special trees of life which will bear different fruits each month (Rev 22:1-2)…

For me, the question of eating is quite settled.  I am actually concerned with other more “sticky” questions…  If we do eat, who will be preparing, cooking and washing?!  Where will the food come from?!  (Only two main ways to get food actually: catch them or plant them…)  And, if we do eat, will we need to go to the toilet and pang sai?!  Eh… got input must also got output what?!

Some people think that angels will be doing all the work and we can just concentrate on eating…  Others think that our incorruptible and immortal bodies can handle input without any output…  Hmmm… nice thoughts, but I do not think so…

YES!  Heaven and Eternity will be awesome!!!


IMPORTANT NOTES:

I started thinking quite a lot about heaven a few years ago.  I read some books and listened to some messages.  There are really not too much materials on this subject.  And because of this, perhaps many Christians may have got seriously wrong ideas about Heaven.  I think Churches should be preaching and teaching more about Heaven.

This HEAVEN & ETERNITY Series is not meant to be a theological discourse.  My hope is to provoke us to be a little bit more heavenly minded.  Indeed there are many uncertainties and controversies… which should not lead to dismay but rather excitement.  It’s like the excitement of anticipating a vacation to an exotic country we have never been before.

Please note that the photographs used in series are mostly not mine.  Some are downloaded from the internet, while others are from my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment