Tuesday, July 12, 2011




prayer4MYnation #6

Father God, first of all I want to thank You!  Yes, there was a loss of one life last Saturday…  Yes, there were people who were hurt…  But yet I want to thank You for Your mercy and grace that the sufferings and damages were minimal.  I thank You that the crowd that gathered in the city have generally exercised restrain and discipline.  This has been an important factor in the overall outcome.  Father God, I thank You!  And while most of those in power and authority have abused their power and authority, some have not.  Father God, I thank You!

Father God, help us to understand that different people may interpret and see this incident differently.  In the understanding You have given me, I believe there are limits within which differing interpretations would be still be acceptable and reasonable.  At the same time, Father God help us to understand that interpretations outside certain limits would tantamount to lies.  Spirit of God, come and give me discernment; come and give Your people and Your church discernment.

With this discernment, we will need to decide what we should say and do.  Some of us will need to make effort to further counter check and verify what we hear and see from different sources…  Some of us will need to refrain from spreading “hearsays” and stop becoming propaganda tools to half truths…  Some of us will need to affirm and endorse what we know and believe as factual and right…  Some of us will need to speak up and refute what we know are blatant lies…  Spirit of God, please give us the discernment.  Spirit of God, we want to be courageous and bold to speak the truth in love.  Hold us accountable for all our actions and inactions!

My heart continues to weep for Malaysia, even as I continue to see various images of what has happened last Saturday.  There is also anger rising within me, especially when I read what I believe to be lies and distortions of truths.  I wished I could pray like how Jesus did, “Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do…”  But I can’t.  Please forgive me Lord!  Rather I pray that the sins of these people will be exposed…  Instead I pray that these people may suffer the full consequences of all their wrong doings…  Lord, I know such prayers are not consistent with Your love, mercy and grace.  I know…  Please forgive me Lord!

Father God, may I end this prayer here with another note of thanksgiving.  As I further reflect upon the happenings in the last few weeks, I can see Your unseen mysterious Hands.  Those in power plotted their plans so systematically and effectively.  They must have thought that they were so smart and clever.  Indeed Lord, I believe You have chosen not to prevent them from implementing their schemes.  Thus, their “wisdom” has been turned into foolishness!

Father God, I thank You!  In Jesus’ Name, Amen!


IMPORTANT NOTES:

Jason Fong believes that the Lord is leading him to pray more meaningfully for our beloved nation Malaysia.  He is sharing these prayers with the church at large through this blog and the Facebook.  He hopes that this series of prayers will further catalyze more Christians to watch and pray.

Please read Jason’s earlier article: LORD, TEACH US TO PRAY in this same blog, which was posted on 23 March 2011.  It would be a helpful reading for us to learn to pray more biblically.

Please note that the views and opinions expressed in this prayer may not necessarily reflect those of the Christian organization Jason works in, nor the church or denomination he belongs to.

No comments:

Post a Comment