Friday, June 13, 2014


When I come before God, I must become i.  He must increase and i must decrease (John 3:30).  But knowingly or unknowingly, i often become I automatically; just like the auto-correction on our smart phones and laptops.  This auto-correction is like the fleshly nature in me.  As such, i must let the capital I die (John 12:24)…  I, must be crucified (Gal 5:24)…  I, need to be denied (Luke 9:23)…  Then i will learn to be i.

i must intentionally let i remain as i.  To do this, i will need to make conscious effort all the time.  Try typing out the two paragraphs here on your computer.  When i becomes I, i must go back to make the correction.  So that when i come before God, it will always be iGod and not Igod.


IMPORTANT NOTES:

There are just too many nice sentimental clichés out there!  We like to share them and/or repost them.  I call these “FEEL GOOD CLICHÉS”…

Feel-Good-Clichés make us feel good.  Often, they merely present a one-sided truth; which sentimentally and shallowly encourages us.

I do not quite like Feel-Good-Clichés.  So, I am making special effort to write and compose sayings that will be more Biblical, more balanced and more accurate.  In trying to counter mere positive thinking, I may tend to somewhat polarized towards the “negative” end.  Probably this is quite unavoidable…


If the Lord so lead you, I would like to enlist your help to rectify our addiction to simplistic positive thinking.  Share, repost, and promote the poster above.  Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment